Spicy Pork Bulgogi. Amongst many, (Spicy) Pork bulgogi, Dwaeji Bulgogi (돼지불고기), Gochujang Bulgogi (고추장 불고기) and Jeyuk Bokkeum (제육볶음) are all well-known names. In case, you don't recognise some. Spicy pork bulgogi (called jeyuk bokkeum or dweji bulgogi) is another highly popular Korean BBQ dish.
Korean spicy pork bulgogi is loaded with spicy and savory flavors from the gochujang paste and fish sauce but also has a balance of sweet in it as well from the mirin and the sugars. Pork Bulgogi – Spicy Korean Daeji Bulgogi BBQ. Adjustable Ingredients appear in Recipe Card below. You can have Spicy Pork Bulgogi using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Pork Bulgogi
- Prepare 1/2 kg of pork belly, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maesilaek.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 4 of onion leeks, cut into 2-inch long pieces.
- It’s 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- You need of sesame seeds.
Spicy pork bulgogi is the signature pork BBQ in Korea. Thin slices of pork are coated with an addictive spicy gochujang sauce and served over a bed of hot sticky rice. A popular traditional korean BBQ favorite: dweji bulgogi/dwaeji bulgogi/ spicy pork bulgogi. This entree is a favorite amongst many with its sweet + spicy marinade.
Spicy Pork Bulgogi step by step
- Combine gochugaru, mirin, fish sauce, soy sauce, maesiaek, sugar, black pepper and garlic in a large mixing bowl and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Gochugaru will absorb the moisture from the sauces and will become thick pasty sauce..
- Add pork and onion, mix well with your hand. Let it marinade at least 20 minutes to overnight..
- Heat a large skillet over high heat..
- Add marinated pork and cook until pork is fully cooked and onions are soften about7 to 9 minutes..
- Now, stir in green onions and chilli. Cook additional 1 more minute and remove from heat. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds..
The thinly sliced pork meat just. Pork Bulgogi is full of flavors, definitely loved by many many people, not only Koreans but around the world! And the Beef Bulgogi recipe is a much better choice for those non spicy eaters! Daeji bulgogi isn't difficult to make. The dish is simply made of thinly sliced pork that is marinated in a spicy, chili pepper sauce, and then it is either grilled or pan-fried.