Salisbury Steak. I cooked this Salisbury steak this evening and it was very quick and easy. The flavor and texture was wonderful. TIPS: I removed steaks from pan after browning – adding onions and mushrooms to saute.
Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet. Just like mom used to make. You can have Salisbury Steak using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of egg.
- You need 1 envelope of dry onion soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- It’s 2 tbs of milk.
- It’s 2 packets of beef ramen flavoring.
- It’s 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 cups of hot water.
- You need of Pepper.
Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. This recipe is so good that I truly enjoy sharing it with others. I've always liked Salisbury steak, but I had to search a long time to find a recipe this tasty. Salisbury Steak with mushrooms and onions served with gravy over noodles or rice is comfort food at its finest!
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Mix ground beef, onion soup, oatmeal, eggs, and milk. Form 4 oval shaped patties..
- In a frying pan with oil, brown patties on both sides. Then remove from pan.
- Leaving 1 tbs of fat in the pan, add butter. Melt. Add flour. Cook til bubbling..
- Meanwhile add beef flavoring to hot water. Add to pan. Put patties back in pan. Boil til sauce thickens and patties are cooked through. Flip patties half way..
Salisbury Steak is one of those classic meals that reminds me of my childhood. Salisbury steak isn't a steak, it's basically fancy version of a bun-less hamburger that is simmered in gravy and traditionally served with mashed potatoes. I hated it as a kid, but now I can't get enough of it. Salisbury Steak With Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes. This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe.