Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce.
You can cook Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of jalapeno peppers, finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 bottle (32 oz.) of ketchup.
- You need 1 cup of BBQ sauce, store brand.
- You need 6 Tbs. of dark mustard.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple bits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need Dash of paprika & thyme.
- Prepare Dash of salt & pepper.
- Prepare Dash of red pepper flakes.
Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce step by step
- Add oil to a heated 3 quart pot over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and sauté them for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and mix..
- Add all the liquid ingredients (but not the fruit & molasses) to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat..
- Add the fruit pieces and very lightly blend the sauce using an immersion blender (or a blender in batches). Add the molasses and simmer this for 45 minutes on low-medium heat..
- While simmering, season with spices to taste as the sauce slowly thickens. Place in a large container when done. Refrigerate to further the thickening process before using..