Chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie -this classic homemade chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food! One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. You can cook Chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- You need of Nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless,skinless chicken cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 pound of green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 can of peas, drained.
- You need of Chicken seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of biscuits.
With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate. Chicken pot pie ranks right up there with sloppy joes and shepherd's pie in terms of me having to overcome serious childhood scars (and scares) from eating bad versions throughout my youth. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie.
Chicken pot pie instructions
- To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large shallow casserole dish, or 6 individual casserole dishes with cooking spray. I used the disposable tin pans..
- Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. I also use chicken seasoning and garlic powder. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the chicken with its juices to a bowl..
- Add 2 more teaspoons of oil to the same pan and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans, garlic and remaining salt and pepper and cook for 2 minute more. Add the milk. Stir the flour into the broth until it is completely dissolved and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Return the chicken with its juices back to the pan. Add the peas and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish or individual dishes..
- Top the filling with a biscuit. Bake until filling is bubbling and the biscuit topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Enjoy..
So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This chicken pot pie uses rotisserie chicken in the smartest way. For the chicken: Start by putting the chicken in a pot and covering it with water. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. How to make chicken pot pie.