Asparagus Amandine. Learn how to make Asparagus Amandine. Cook, uncovered until asparagus in crisp-tender, turning frequently. Place asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and almonds.
This Asparagus Amandine is a great weeknight side dish. The asparagus is cooked in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then sautéed with almonds and red pepper for few minutes. Asparagus, or garden asparagus, folk name sparrow grass, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a perennial flowering plant species in the genus Asparagus. You can cook Asparagus Amandine using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus Amandine
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 pounds of asparagus.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of almond waffers.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
The almonds add a great crunch to the asparagus. Other nuts are great with the asparagus, too. It's almost my favorite time of year: Peak asparagus season when these yummy veggies are abundant and selling at low prices. Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce.
Asparagus Amandine step by step
- Slice the "woody" ends off the asparagus. Heat the pan with the butter. When just melted add the garlic..
- Cut the asparagus on a bias. Add to the butter..
- Toast the almonds..
- Sauté the asparagus till tender..
- Add the almonds..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Perfect for Mothers Day or a special breakfast, or a side for a special dinner! Chicken and Asparagus Amandine. by Farmers' Almanac Staff Easy sauteed asparagus recipe made with garlic and butter. Orange Roughy Amandine Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Asparagus and Egg Salad with Walnuts and Mint.