You can have Cherry Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry Pie
- Prepare 4.5 cups of frozen cherries (I used tart red cherries, sweet black cherries, and blueberries).
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of medium egg (egg white).
- Prepare 2 of pie crusts.
- It’s of Pie Crust.
Cherry Pie step by step
- Make pie crusts — see instructions for “Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts)”.
- Preheat oven after dough has set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough for bottom crust and lay into the pie dish.
- Mix cherry mixture, sugar, cornstarch vanilla extract and almond extract into a bowl and let sit out for 20 mins to thaw (but be sure to keep the cherries cold).
- Add cherry mixture into the pie crust, and then layer the top crust on the top of the mixture. Press the edges together with your fingers (I used a fork, as well) to seal the edges..
- Use egg whites to lather on top of the top crust and add your desired slit pattern..
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400, then decrease to 375 for 35 minutes. This decreases burning the edges of the crust!.
- Let the pie cool completely (or mostly ?) before cutting and serving..