Dahi wada(soft fritters with tangy n spicy sauce/chutney)??. Dahi Vada Recipe with step by step photos. Dahi Vada is a popular snack where vada are dunked in a creamy yogurt topped with spicy and sweet chutneys. Like making both the spicy green coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney, preparing the vada etc.
It's a favorite savory snack where the soft gluten-free lentil fritters are drenched in seasoned yogurt and topped with sweet-spicy toppings. Mostly people from the North call it Dahi Bhalla or bhalle. Whatever you call it, it tastes excellent. You can cook Dahi wada(soft fritters with tangy n spicy sauce/chutney)?? using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dahi wada(soft fritters with tangy n spicy sauce/chutney)??
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of white lentils/mash dal(soaked overnight).
- It’s 1/2 inch of Grind dal with 1/2 inch ginger,2 cups of curd mixed with 2 tbsn sugar.
- Prepare of Roasted masala:2 tbsn coriander seeds,1 tbsn cumin seeds/zeera, 10 Kashmiri red chilli (less heat)(roast, cool n grind n save in airtight container).
- You need of Tamarind chutney:1/2cup tamarind soaked in water,1/2cup seedless dates.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of jaggery, 1 tsp of black salt,1 tsp dry ginger pwd.
- It’s of And 1 tbsn Kashmiri red chilli pwd (less heat gives colour).
- You need of Boil altogether with 1/2 cup water for 5 mins now cool,grind and strain (sauce/chutney ready).
- It’s of Green chutney:1 cup coriander leaves, 1 tsp cumin/zeera,3 clove.
- You need of Garlic,6 green chillies and 1small onion, 1 tsp salt..grind.
- Prepare of Altogether with little water….green chutney/sauce ready.
- It’s Half of cup coriander leaves and mint leaves to garnish.
Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat. Lift out of the oil and put. Soft & fluffy Rava Dhokla made in the Instant Pot. These savory semolina cakes are a popular Gujarati delicacy, perfect to enjoy for breakfast or snack! kat vada recipe, kat wada recipe, kolhapuri kat vada, vada usal with step by step photo/video. snack recipe with deep fried potato dumplings & spicy gravy.
Dahi wada(soft fritters with tangy n spicy sauce/chutney)?? step by step
- Grind the white lentils with ginger into fine paste add little cold water while grinding…now add 1 tsp of salt n keep mix in one direction for atleast 5 to 10 mins…this will make the batter airy.now heat oil in a deep pan,now put batter use small spoon to make small fritters…(use all the batter).
- Now soak all the fritters in a sufficient warm slightly salted water(just a pinch of salt)soak for atleast 1 hour…now slightly press the fritter and line them up in a serving bowl/tray.
- Now beat curd with sugar and little water…till creamy.now cover over all the fritters.now with spoon drizzle some green chutney.
- Now drizzle some red chutney,some roasted masala,now a pinch of Kashmiri red chilli pwd (for colour/less heat).
- Now decorate with coriander leaves and mint leaves and serve…enjoy?pic3 green chutney.
- Red chutney,roasted masala/spice.
The vadas are made with spicy mashed potatoes are shaped into patties, coated in gram flour and deep fried until crisp. They are nestled into a soft, airy pav (bread roll), liberally brushed with tangy cilantro-mint chutney and a hot, dry garlic, red chilli and coconut chutney. Moisture strips these fritters of their crisp texture. They'll be wet, gooey, and soft. Serve the crisp zucchini fritters with corn on the cob or salad for a meat-free meal; or alongside a lighter protein like fish.