Eggplant crispy bharta. Eggplant slices are coated with Indian-spiced bread crumbs and fried until crispy in this elegant Crispy Eggplant. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The original Punjabi Bharta recipe though uses the charred eggplant. Some people like the bharta more wet than others.
Prick the eggplant with a thin-blade knife. Grill over or next to very high heat, turning as necessary until the skin is blackened and the eggplant collapses. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture on both sides and roll in crumb mixture on both sides. You can have Eggplant crispy bharta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant crispy bharta
- It’s 3 of big eggplant peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 of big chopped onions.
- Prepare 6 of large red tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- It’s Half of tablespoon black pepper powder.
- You need of Few chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled peas.
- Prepare of Some chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of kasoori methi.
This easy baingan bharta recipe is going to be a hit at home! I'm a massive baingan bharta snob because there is nothing appetizing about pulpy eggplant or baingan. What is Eggplant Eggplant is a small, round, purple member of the nightshade family. The small, mostly white varieties that were initially cultivated resembled a hen's or goose's egg.
Eggplant crispy bharta instructions
- First put two glass water in the cooker and put peeled eggplant and have two three whistles.
- Now for masala, in a heavy base pan add some oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add ginger and green chilli.
- Now add onion and roast until it looks little golden.
- Now add tomatoes and at other side dry roast all the spices together and add it with tomatoes.
- Now stir the masala at very low flame for atleast 20 minutes.
- Strain the boiled eggplant nad peas and add it to masala.again stir for 15 minutes.
- Yummy eggplant bharta is ready.
Punjabi baingan bharta is easy to make and has a delicious smoky flavor from the roasted eggplant. Serve it with freshly made with hot chapatis. Baingan bharta is a flavorful vegetarian eggplant dish full of flavor. You don't need to go to an Indian restaurant to enjoy this classic Indian dish because it's so easy to make at home. Baingan bharta recipe with step by step photos.