Corn soup. Corn soup is a soup made of corn, typically sweetcorn. Initially popular only in corn-producing areas of the world, the dish is now widespread because of greater corn distribution. Sweet corn soup is a popular soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine & is very common on the Indian Chinese restaurant menus.
How To Make Summer Corn Soup. To begin, remove the husks and silks from the corn and set one ear of corn aside. Sweet Corn Soup Recipe with step by step photos. You can cook Corn soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn soup
- It’s 1 of cob of corn detached or slice off.
- It’s Bunch of slice seaweed (your optional amount).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- Prepare of Cornstarch liquify.
- Prepare of Water enough for a bowl of soup.
The recipe of sweet corn soup was always requested by my parents and sis when they wanted me to cook Indo-Chinese food for them. An easy, healthy soup made with simple ingredients. It can be made with either fresh or frozen corn. Delicious topped with hot sauce, lime juice and a pad of butter!
Corn soup instructions
- Bring water to boiling point on low heat.add corn simmer for a little bit..
- Add liquify corn starch stir constanly. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Crack your egg keep stirring. (Achieve the thick consistency) put the heat off..
- Last step add the seaweed. And you are set. Optional you can add crab meat..
Light and easy Sweet Corn Soup – veggies like green peas, carrots make it more nutritious. It's very lightly spiced and make a great soup for cold days. It's one of the very popular. Corn: This soup is traditionally made with both creamed corn and whole kernel corn, which I call for in the recipe below. But if you don't have a can of creamed corn on hand, no worries.