You can cook Breakfast Burritos using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Burritos
- Prepare 12 of eggs (6 with yolks, 6 without (just the egg whites). Or, use egg-substitute..
- You need 1/4 cup of skim milk.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, diced.
- It’s 3/4 lb. of turkey sausage.
- You need 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 10 of whole wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
Breakfast Burritos step by step
- In a bowl, crack the eggs one at a time, add the milk, and beat together with a whisk or a fork until well blended..
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage, peppers, and onions until the sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender..
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the eggs. Let the eggs cook for a minute or two. You can then scrape the eggs from the edge of the pan to the center and continue doing this until the eggs are just about set..
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and let rest for 20-30seconds while the cheese melts..
- Spoon some of the sausage and egg filling in the center of a tortilla. Wrap up each tortilla burrito-style, with the sides folded in. Place each burrito seam side down and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Makes 10 burritos..
- Store and Save for later:.
- Freeze: Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and then either wrap in foil or place in a plastic freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove all wrappings and place in the microwave oven for ~ 90 seconds..