Enchilada pie. Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer. Assemble pie: Spoon an even layer of chicken on top of baked tortilla crust then top with half the corn, black beans, and cheeses. This impressive, hearty dish is perfect for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
This Stacked Vegetarian Enchilada Pie recipe is filled with roasted summer vegetables, black refried beans, cheese, and This enchilada pie vegetarian style recipe takes a little bit of time, but most of. This easy enchilada pie is a fresh twist on Mexican fare. Top with avocado slices and cojita cheese for an impressive presentation. You can have Enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada pie
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- You need 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- It’s 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- It’s 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Categories: Easy Main Dish Main Dish Easy Baking American Enchilada Onion Recipes Colby Tomato Beef Cinco de Mayo. Here's a really delicious recipe that makes for a perfect weeknight dinner that you can make on your grill or in your oven. This Enchilada Pie recipe has a. This main-dish chicken enchilada pie certainly stacks up—and it's ready in a flash, especially if you assemble it with Make-Ahead Shredded Chicken Breast.
Enchilada pie instructions
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
Course/Dish: Beef Tacos & Burritos Savory Pies. The BEST Chicken Pot Pie Ever! Mini Pot Roast Shepherd's Pie Tarts. In a medium bowl, stir together beans and enchilada sauce until well combined. More Mexican inspired enchilada recipes I love are Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups, Enchiladas Verdes, (Green Enchiladas), and Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Poblano Peppers.