Easy Roasted Orange Chicken.
You can cook Easy Roasted Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Roasted Orange Chicken
- You need 2.5-3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (drums/ thighs/ wings/ half breasts).
- It’s of For marinade:.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of honey (you can also substitute with maple syrup or agave).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- You need 1-2 of green onions, chopped (including the white part).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare of optional: up to 1 Tablespoon distilled white or apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice if you like things a little extra tangy.
- You need of optional: 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger.
- It’s of optional: 1 Tablespoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce.
- Prepare of For garnish: 2-4 orange slices (just under 1/4-inch thick).
- It’s of .
Easy Roasted Orange Chicken instructions
- Put all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir until honey is dissolved..
- In a large mixing bowl, or casserole dish, or Ziploc bag, combine the chicken with the marinade and give it a few gentle tosses to thoroughly season all the chicken. If in a bowl or dish, you should flip the chicken halfway through the marinating time so both sides are seasoned through..
- Marinate chicken for at least one hour and up to overnight and take it out of the fridge 30 to 40 minutes before roasting to bring it up to room temp..
- Preheat oven to 425F..
- Put your chicken on a single layer, skin side up, on a sheet pan. (You might like to line it with foil for easier cleanup.) Reserve leftover marinade..
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes at first, then pour leftover marinade over chicken, place orange slices on the pan as well, and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes..
- Enjoy! :).