Chorizo Manchego Strata.
You can have Chorizo Manchego Strata using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Manchego Strata
- It’s 8 cups of crusty sourdough bread, preferably day old.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb. of spanish chorizo, medium dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 12 of eggs, whisked.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of half and half.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of red chili flakes.
- It’s 2 cups of Manchego cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of any store bought tomatillo salsa, to serve.
Chorizo Manchego Strata instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f..
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside..
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until soft. Lower the heat to medium and add the chorizo. After 2 minutes add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, then set aside to cool..
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, chili flakes, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Add the bread and chorizo mixture to the eggs and toss to coat. Press down firmly to coat all of the bread in the egg mixture. Pour into greased baking dish. (At this point you could cover and refrigerate overnight.).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes uncovered, then let stand for 5-10 minutes. Grate the remaining cheese over the top, and serve with tomatillo salsa..