Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.
You can have Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- You need 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- You need 1 of small white onion, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of ground chicken.
- You need 3/4 cup of chunky salsa.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic paste (or 2 cloves,minced).
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (or more if you like it HOT!).
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of oil (I used canola, but you can use any kind you prefer).
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded (optional).
- It’s of TOPPING IDEAS: scallions, sour cream, tomatoes, black olives, jalapeños.
Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash step by step
- Preheat oven to 425•F.
- Half squash stem to end, and remove seeds.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place facing down in a casserole dish with 4 tbsp of water. Bake for 50 minutes.
- While squash is baking, combine garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, child powder, cumin, 3/4 tsp of salt & pepper, and 3 tbsp of oil.
- Place ground chicken in a sealable bowl. Mix the in Mexican marinade thoroughly. Place in refrigerator until needed. (You can always do this the night before as well).
- With 25 minutes left to the Spaghetti Squash, heat a skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp oil. Add in diced onions, and season with some salt & pepper.
- Once onions start to become soft, add garlic. Stirring frequently cook until mix is lightly browned..
- Add ground chicken to onion mixture. Mix and chop until chicken is cooked through (no more pink).
- Add salsa to chicken, and set aside..
- Once squash is done, remove from oven and divide chicken mixture evenly i bro both halves(it's okay if it overfills the squash a bit. I smacked on the the pieces that fell. Shhh…).
- OPTIONAL: top both halves with cheddar cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your chosen toppings. Enjoy!.