Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Ramen.
You can cook Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Ramen using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Ramen
- It’s 2 tsp of Chicken Base (Better than Bullion Brand is best).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Fresh Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 2 each of Chicken Thighs (fat and skin removed).
- Prepare 8 oz of Baby Bok Choy.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Scallions.
- It’s 2 tsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 each of Bricks of Ramen Noodles (sauce packets discarded).
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 5 cup of Water.
- You need 2 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Ramen instructions
- In a large stockpot, whisk together chicken base and 5 cups of water. Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Rinse bok choy and cut into 1" pieces. Rinse scallions and thinly slice (white and light green parts only) on a bias, discarding dark green tips..
- Place stockpot with chicken base and water over medium-high heat. Add ginger and soy sauce, increase heat to high and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add chicken pieces to broth, heat until cooked through…about 5-7 minutes..
- Add ramen noodles (remember that sauce/seasoning packet should be discarded and not used in this recipe), and separate as they moisten and soften. Cook until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Add bok choy and cook until tender, about 5 mins. Taste and add salt/pepper as needed. Reduce heat to low and simmer while you complete the next step..
- In a separate non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, carefully crack eggs into pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook without moving the eggs until the whites are completely set but yolks are still runny, about 2-3 minutes..
- Divide noodles and broth evenly from the stockpot into two deep bowls. Top each bowl with a fried egg and garnish with the chopped scallions. Serve hot.