Stewed Chicken Chorizo. Simon Rimmer's Spanish-style one-pot supper of chicken thighs, chorizo and chickpeas is full of flavour and quick to prepare. Using chorizo and green olives puts a Spanish twist on this hearty braised chicken dish that can easily be whipped up in a single Dutch oven. I decided to make this chicken and chorizo stew in my slow cooker after seeing good reviews and positive comments.
This Spanish-influenced stew is chockful of vegetables, making it a perfect one-dish meal. This easy chicken stew recipe is inspired by flavours of Spain, with spicy chorizo, smoky paprika and peppers. I buy Spanish importer Brindisa's chorizo picante with paprika, but any good, spicy, supermarket chorizo is perfect for simmering with beans and winter veg. You can have Stewed Chicken Chorizo using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Chicken Chorizo
- It’s 3-1/2 pounds of chicken thighs bone in and skin on.
- It’s 6 ounces of Chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 10 leaves of bay leaf.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not stems.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ground paprika.
- It’s 1 quart of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
This Spanish-style chicken stew with chorizo, olives and chickpeas is simply packed with flavour. They really shine in this Spanish-style chicken, chorizo, olive and chickpea stew which you just need. The result, this chicken & chorizo stew, was phenomenal and the chicken was fall-off-the-bone tender. I quickly wrote down what I did and I've made it several times since.
Stewed Chicken Chorizo step by step
- Take a deep pan add the chicken thighs. Turn on the heat..
- Add 2/3 of the sausage to the in-betweens of thighs. Stuff the rest of the Chorizo up under the skin of the chicken. Add paprika..
- Add rest of the spices to the chicken..
- Add water and chopped carrots to pan. Cover and stew for an hour on med flame/ heat..
- Let rest for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Smoky Spanish chorizo gives this stew such a deep and rich flavour. Make sure you use raw cooking chorizo for this recipe, not the You can use any part of the chicken you like for this chorizo stew. Add extra-virgin olive oil and chicken to pot. Chicken & Chorizo Stew- (Williams-Sonoma) VERY GOOD! would be great as an appetizer for guests! (I used chorizo & ½ Connecuh sausage. Season the chicken breasts and place skin down into the bottom of the pan, moving the onions mixture out of the way.