Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. These perfect paleo chocolate chip cookies are thick, chewy and have the perfect texture. Many of the reviewers have called these the best cookies ever and said that nobody had a clue that they were paleo (or even gluten-free)! This recipe also has vegan and keto options.
They are the BOMB and not only are they one of my favorite recipes, they're also one of you, the readers. Chewy, thick paleo chocolate chunk cookies made with both coconut and almond flour. These low carb cookies are a dream come true. You can have Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of blanched almond flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 6 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coconut sugar.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of almond butter.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
But these cookies, they just had to say hello. Now, I know there are a lot of "ultimate" grain free and paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. I wouldn't want the paleo police to catch me using the word unlawfully, so here's my disclaimer: I've tried many paleo cookies recipes. Perfect Paleo chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour and tapioca flour or coconut flour, are thick, soft and chewy, but not too sweet.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix coconut oil and coconut sugar in a big bowl.
- Beat in almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Beat in raw egg.
- Stir together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- (If needed, place mixture in freezer for five mins).
- Roll into 8 balls (or 16) and place remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips (maybe use your best judgment on the extra chocolate).
- Press cookies lightly with your hands.
- Bake 11-14 mins, or until centers no longer look wet.
- Let completely cool on pan, they'll keep cooking after coming out of the oven.
The most common Paleo baking flour is almond flour, which is what forms the base of these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are naturally gluten-free and egg-free, with a crisp shortbread texture on the outside, while being tender on the inside. Don't fear—these paleo chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and incredible to eat. If you need more paleo dessert ideas, we gotchu. We swapped out all-purpose flour, found in traditional chocolate chip cookies, for almond flour and granulated sugar for honey to make these cookies.