Spicy unusual sausage goulash. COOKING WITH STASIA ___ FAST, FRESH, EASY HOME COOKING Quick family meals, ultimate make-ahead recipes, & melt-in-your-mouth treats, inspired from my. The Best Sausage Goulash Recipes on Yummly Spicy Goulash Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
I would take it out early to avoid this and it would still end up overcooking. An American goulash, made with ground beef, Italian sausage and andouille, tomato, garlic and pasta, and seasoned with the Trinity and a bit of Cajun Don't you just love goulash? Now, of course, I'm talking about what we Americans refer to as goulash here, and not anything remotely resembling an. You can have Spicy unusual sausage goulash using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy unusual sausage goulash
- It’s 1 of medium size onion (red or yellow).
- Prepare 2 of different colour pepper (red, yellow or orange).
- It’s 3 of types of freshly made German sausage 2 links each(the best quality).
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomato(14 ounce).
- You need 1 jar of grilled or roasted red pepper (10-14 ounce).
- You need of Pasta like pappardella or rigatoni.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of heap tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or 2 fresh chilies like red habenero or serrano.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2-3 table spoon of vinegar.
When the winter doldrums hit, nothing but a thick spicy soup will do. This goulash-inspired number has a little vinegar sharpness, and it warms you from the inside out. The aroma of it cooking will warm your home too. I recommend using pork stew meat, like shoulder.
Spicy unusual sausage goulash step by step
- Heat a pot (cast iron is better). Slice onion. Add olive oil in a pan and cook onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper then cook at the lowest heat for 15 minutes..
- Slice peppers. Stir onion once in a while. When onions looks light brown after 15 minutes, add bell peppers then cook 20minutes more. You can add 1/2 teaspoon salt again. Taste and adjust..
- Chop the roasted pepper and add it to the pot with a can of tomatoes. Add paprika and vinegar. Cook for 10-15 minutes..
- Slice sausage bite size. Make sure to buy the best quality freshly made sausage. This time I have used: st. Fallen veal and pork, bratwurst, Munich weisswuust, garlic pork. For better taste, pan fry them lightly before adding to the pot. 4 types of sausage made enough for 5-6 people!.
- Cook 10-15 minutes more. Meanwhile cook pasta to the instruction. Papapardelle is our first choice but rigatoni or penne might work as well. Pour over to the cooked pasta and add sour cream on top..
A recipe for spicy Italian sausage. I make hot Italian sausage from wild or store-bought pork. This recipe has red pepper, garlic, paprika and fennel Spicy, but not crazy hot, Italian hots are more warming and zippy than blistering. Just enough spice to make things interesting. Here is my version. -Finish the Goulash by adding the caramelized smoked sausage back into the pan/pot, as well as the parsley, and gently fold those in to incorporate; add a little drizzle of I used a spicy german sausage which worked perfectly with the sliced potato.