French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus. I make asparagus on the grill often but I've never cooked it directly on the grate. After coating them with the olive oil and lemon juice I seasoned them with fresh cracked pepper and smoked sea salt. lemon zest + cracked pepper + olive oil + salt + garlic = fresh lemon pepper. The proportions of the ingredients are flexible; I provided measurements in the recipe below but if you just estimate, you really can't go wrong.
It's a quick and delicious way to prepare one of your favorite vegetables. This easy lemon pepper recipe is definitely one of my favorites. You can prepare the asparagus a number of ways — roasted, boiled, steamed, or sauteed. You can have French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus
- Prepare 7-8 of drums.
- Prepare 3 of lemons.
- You need of Asparagus.
- You need of Lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare Box of wild rice(your choice) I use chicken broth instead of water.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need of Lemon thyme butter basting sauce:.
- You need 1 stick of butter softened.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 of large pressed garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground kosher salt.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
To grill the asparagus spears, toss them with about a tablespoon of oil, mixing with your hands until spears are coated. Season well with salt and pepper. Season it well with salt and plenty of black pepper, and stir in the parsley. There's no better vegetable for cooking on the grill than these tender spears, seasoned with lemon pepper, olive oil, and a surprising pinch of marjoram.
French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus instructions
- Start by French cutting the chicken. Start by cutting around the base and start to pull all the small tendons out using pliars but leaving the largest tendon intact. Small tendons have very little meat attached but the largest one has a big chunk so you want to leave it in, it will melt as it gets cooked..
- Now take your pliers and pull the end piece off the base and then push the meat down.
- Pull the skin back and season with lemon pepper seasoning then pull the skin back over and season the outside and place in a bag and marinate overnight..
- Grill over medium heat turning often and basting with the butter sauce. Cut the lemons in half and grill them once the chicken is almost done. Either grill or cook the asparagus in the oven..
My quick rice dish gets a zippy twist from lemon-pepper seasoning. It complements chicken and many other types of Mexican dishes quite nicely.—Patty Burk, Nanaimo, British Columbia. Fold up tin foil to make a tent and poke holes in the side for vents. Asparagus Fettuccine with Lemon and Pepper. This recipe serves up spring asparagus two ways: blended into a smooth sauce that's tossed with fettuccine, and sautéed in bite-size pieces that get stirred into the dish just before serving.