Quick Ground Turkey ? Shepard’s Pie ?.
You can have Quick Ground Turkey ? Shepard’s Pie ? using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Ground Turkey ? Shepard’s Pie ?
- You need 2 pounds of ground turkey.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of frozen OR fresh cut green beans(you can also use frozen peas and carrots, I didn’t have them on hand).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Mashed potatoes, prepared, about 4 servings.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Quick Ground Turkey ? Shepard’s Pie ? step by step
- In a large pot that has been heated with olive oil sauté your ground turkey until almost no pink remains……drain any excess liquid from pot……
- Add your chopped onion and minced garlic, sauté for several more minutes……..
- Now add your black pepper, ground sage and thyme leaves, cook for several more minutes……
- Add your white wine, heat on high heat until wine has been reduced by half……then lower heat to medium / low……
- Add into pot your can of chicken broth and cut green beans, bring to a boil for several minutes…….
- Reduce heat and add in your all purpose flour to pot, stirring until mixture is slightly thickened……remove from heat and set aside…….
- Place your ground turkey mixture into a large baking pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray…….
- Now place your prepared mashed potatoes all over ground turkey, spreading to make sure you completely cover the turkey mixture…….
- Now place your shredded cheddar cheese all over mashed potatoes……
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese has fully melted…….
- Let stand for about 10 minutes……
- Serve and enjoy ?!!.