Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant (Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and Add eggplant and mix well. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Stir-fry cubed chicken breast with mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, and soy sauce for a quick and easy main dish.
Meanwhile, heat a large wok or stainless-steel skillet over high. Add the canola oil, sesame oil, eggplant, and chicken to the wok and cook, stirring often, until evenly cooked and lightly browned. Keywords: Szechuan eggplant, stir fry eggplant, Chinese eggplant, stir fried eggplant, Chinese eggplant with garlic sauce. You can cook Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- You need 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- You need 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- You need 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- Prepare of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- You need of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- It’s of Carrots cut into stripes.
- It’s of Green onions.
- Prepare of Steamed white rice.
- You need of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- You need of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Pressure soaking the eggplant in salt really made a difference, as did covering them in corn starch before frying. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Meanwhile remove all but ½ tspn of oil from wok. Add eggplant and simmer for another.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) step by step
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!??.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!?.
Stir the chicken back into the pan, and add the fish and soy sauce mixture. Uncover, and stir in the basil. P. f. chang'S chang's spicy chicken. The sweet and spicy zing in the secret sauce sets this recipe apart as one of P. And it's not hard to clone if you're looking for something to do with those chicken breasts sitting in the fridge.