You can have Aubergine Ragout using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aubergine Ragout
- You need of 1 Stage.
- You need 1 of large aubergine.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt heeping.
- It’s of 2 Stage.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced garlic.
- You need 1 pound of black Angus ground beef 80/20.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Prepare 29 ounce of can of whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- You need To taste of pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt.
- Prepare of 3 Stage.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers and the juices.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of heeping concentrated tomato paste.
Aubergine Ragout instructions
- Peel the aubergine then dice it into bite sized pieces..
- Add the kosher salt to the diced aubergine. Stir well and allow to sit 15 minutes. Drain the liquids off the diced aubergine and discard the liquids. I use this concentrated tomato paste 2x the concentration..
- Dice the onion. Start browning the ground beef add the salt, garlic, white pepper powder, and onion. Remember that when you salt the meat that you also have salted the aubergine. Add the aubergine..
- Drain the liquids of the tomatoes in the pot then crush the tomatoes a bit. Stir well and simmer 15 minutes. Add in the wine. Stir and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add the tomato paste stir and allow to reduce and thicken. After 8 minutes of stirring and reducing add the capers..
- Give it a good stir cover and let rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.