The easiest Vietnamese Baguette recipe : Bánh Mì.
You can have The easiest Vietnamese Baguette recipe : Bánh Mì using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The easiest Vietnamese Baguette recipe : Bánh Mì
- You need 300 g of all purposes flour.
- Prepare 150 g of bread flour.
- It’s 40 ml of cold fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 of cold egg (50g).
- You need 220 g of ice water.
- You need 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 20 g of sugar.
- Prepare 3 g of salt.
The easiest Vietnamese Baguette recipe : Bánh Mì instructions
- In a standing mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Remember to put salt and yeast in a different corner. Make a well in the centre, add the icing water, cold milk, and cold egg. Stir until it make a wet paste. Use the dough hook to knead the dough in a stand mixer until the dough starts to windowpane texture. It took me 20 minutes..
- Form a ball. Cover by a kitchen towel and rest about 20’..
- After 20 minutes..
- Devide it into 8 equal pieces about 95g for each. Cover by a kitchen towel and rest about 10 minutes..
- 5. Flour your work surface and hand with about 1 tablespoon of flour. Roll the dough into a long cylindrical shape about 17cm-20cm, depends on your baguette mould..
- Spray water 3 times onto “Bánh mì”. Transfer the dough to the baking tray and put it in to a warm place (in to off oven- and let it proof until it is double in size for about 60 minutes in summer time). I don’t have 2 baguette moulds so I put it in to a loaf pan. ?.
- Meanwhile, put 2 ceramic cups of hot water in 2 corners at the lowest rack of electric oven. Position the oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat the oven to 250oC with fan force mode..
- To slash the baguette, use a Scissor or a razor blade, keep it at 45° angle, and make a quick and determined slash across the dough lengthwise. Spray water on the “Bánh mì” and both sides of the oven. Bake immediately after slashing..
- After the first 5 minutes, spray water once on the baguettes. 5 minutes later, spray water the second times and the last 5 minute is the 3rd to make crispy crust and soften the inner. Reduce the oven on to 200oC, turn off fan mode and rotate the baking tray to bake the baguettes evenly..
- Bake until golden brown..
- Love the crispy thin crust!.
- Soft inner!.
- And hollow inner!.
- Banh mi is best eaten as a sandwich bread..
- Can served with pork or chicken liver pate for a healthy breakfast!.
- Served with Borderlaise Sauce or Curry Beef or Curry Chicken..
- Note: Pls make and bake as the above instruction, you’ll succeed!.