The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping. Caramel Pecan Topping Makes It Special. A sweet potato pie is fantastic adorned with nothing but a dollop of whipped cream, of course. This is my first time ever making a sweet potato pie with Pecans and much to my surprise I believe this is the best tasting pie I ever ate to the following.
Sweet potatoes are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and enriched with cream, brown sugar, and maple syrup for the flavorful filling of this pie. The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year. This scrumptious sweet potato pecan pie is the perfect holiday dessert. You can have The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping
- Prepare 4 of med to large sweet potatoes cleaned.
- It’s of Coconut oil to rub on potatos.
- You need 2 (9 inch) of organic frozen pie shells such as wholly wholesome.
- It’s of Extra Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling in crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar no substitutes.
- Prepare 1 stick of good quality softened butter not margarine.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of A.P. flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ginger, allspice,cloves and salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of evaporated milk or half and half.
- Prepare of Pecan topping**.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Alagar syrup or dark corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of good quality butter melted not margarine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans.
Prick whole unpeeled sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Arrange on a rack in the oven with a large piece of foil. Let cool until handleable, then use your fingers to break them into small pieces (this results in more regular pieces. With my dad being a farmer who grew them, sweet potatoes have graced Like a combination of apple and pecan pie, it's a sweet treat that usually tops off our holiday meals This is hands down the best pecan pie—it's so good, it's scary!
The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping step by step
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and coat sweet potatoes with a little coconut oil and pierce each potato a couple of times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet..
- Bake for about 1 hour or till you can easily pierce with a fork. Then let cool and remove skin.
- Mash and Whip sweet potatoes and and rinse beaters a couple of times in between beating and then continue to beat all remaining filling ingredients in except for the pecan topping and mix well..
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar in bottoms of each pie shell and fill with sweet potato mix..
- While pies are baking mix up topping and set aside.
- Place pies on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn down temp to 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes then drop a border of peacan mixture around pies and finish baking for about 20 to 25 minutes till their are done.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate till ready to serve and top with whipped cream and enjoy!.
- This is everything I use ?.
- And this is the whipped topping I use.
I like to Easy Button my life whenever possible, so I just toss those pecans, flour, butter, and Wholesome The soft and sweet bottom layer + the crunchy and nutty top layer work their magic together to make the best sweet potato casserole that you could. This classic sweet potato casseroleif filled with apples, toasted pecans, marshmallows, and spiced brown This classic sweet potato casserole is a side dish but you'll be eating it like the main course! Adding bourbon, apples and toasted pecans takes this holiday staple from everyday to everyYAY! Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Pecans Recipe This sweet potato pie is made complete with sugared pecans on top, which deliver an element of added sweetness and a great crunch. Sweet Potato Pie is one of the best Thanksgiving dessert recipes, a true classic that should be on And I love having tons of Thanksgiving pie options to choose from: Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Apple This Homemade Sweet Potato Pie with Walnut Topping is one of the best Thanksgiving dessert.