Chickpea and Spinach Curry.
You can have Chickpea and Spinach Curry using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of big piece of fresh ginger (to taste).
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas (400g), rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 350 g of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need 2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- You need of (to taste) black pepper, salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Chickpea and Spinach Curry step by step
- Dice the onion, chop the ginger finely and crush the garlic cloves. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion to the skillet. Fry until translucent, then add ginger. As soon as it gets fragrant, add garlic.
- Next, add cooked chickpeas, canned tomatoes and spinach. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoning and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Enjoy :).