Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce.
You can cook Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce
- It’s 1 package of Penne Pasta.
- You need 15-20 of small, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced roma tomatoes (optional).
- Prepare of Green onion chopped (optional).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for cooking shrimp.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce step by step
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain..
- In sauce pan heat heavy cream, butter until hot but not boiling..
- Add parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. You can add cajun seasoning if you like..
- Reduce to low and stir until smooth and creamy..
- In saute pan, heat small amount of oil to medium high heat..
- Cook shrimp until browned and cooked through..
- Toss in cajun seasoning to coat..
- Toss pasta with cream sauce to coat. I usually double the sauce :).
- Place in serving dish. Arrange shrimp on top..
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and extra shredded parmesan cheese. Can use green onions also..
- Serve with salad or bread..
- Note: A easy version of sauce is Ragu Garlic Parmesan or Alfredo Sauce. It is found with the spaghetti sauces in the grocery store. Works well if time and money is tight. :).