Southwest stuffed peppers. These Southwest Stuffed Peppers are chock full of beef, rice, corn and beans. Sub ground turkey or chicken for an even leaner meal! This beautiful colorful dish is so easy to make and chalk full of.
Gluten free stuffed peppers with a southwest flair! Directions: Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season peppers with oil and remaining salt and pepper. You can cook Southwest stuffed peppers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwest stuffed peppers
- You need 4 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of red onion diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño (seeded for less heat) diced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp cumin.
- You need 1 of tblsp paprika.
- It’s of I bunch green onion (optional).
- You need 2 of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheese for each pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 of limes cut into wedges (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
We put a quick and zesty twist on a dinnertime staple with this colorful main course. Garlic, chili powder, cumin and more season the ground beef perfectly. These delicious Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are loaded with rice, veggies, black beans, spices and smothered with cheese. They're so flavorful and and it's just a bonus that they're healthy too!
Southwest stuffed peppers instructions
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds and rids..
- Set pan on med-high heat add oil to pan once hot add and brown meat. Once meat is browned add in red onion, tomatoes, spices and jalapeño. Stir and sauté about 3 to 5 mins and remove from heat. Stir in cooked rice..
- In a baking pan add oil and rub peppers in oil and season with salt pepper. Add in meat mixture and bake for 30 min in a 350 degree oven..
- When there is about 5 minutes left of 30 min cook time remove peppers from oven and cover with cheese and return to oven..
- Once cheese is melted remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, limes, sour cream or whatever else you would like..
These Southwest Beef & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers make a hearty, healthy, protein packed meal that's amazingly delicious and quick and easy to prepare. Filled with delicious southwestern flavors, these colorful stuffed peppers will be a new family favorite! Southwest Stuffed Peppers are filled with rice, ground beef seasoned with McCormick Organics Taco Seasoning Mix, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles and cheese for an easy weeknight dinner with a. Bright and flavorful Southwest Stuffed Peppers pack a tangy punch! These peppers are filled with BBQ brisket and topped with a creamy slaw!