Tortang Talong (Eggplant Egg Omelette).
You can cook Tortang Talong (Eggplant Egg Omelette) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortang Talong (Eggplant Egg Omelette)
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 medium of eggplant.
- You need 1 clove of shallot,finely sliced.
- It’s 2 dash of salt(more or less).
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
Tortang Talong (Eggplant Egg Omelette) step by step
- Grill the eggplant until the color of skin turns almost black. Let it cool for a few minutes then peel off the skin. Set aside..
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the salt and beat. Add the finely chopped shallot, beat till well blended. Set aside..
- Flatten the eggplant with a fork in a flat dish. Dip it in the beaten egg mixture and let it soak for around 2-5 minutes..
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the cooking oil..
- Put the eggplant in the pan, pour the remaining egg into the eggplant. Fry..
- Gently flip the eggplant with a spatula and let the other side cooked. Frying time will take you about 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat..
- Gently transfer to a plate. Garnish with sliced fresh tomatoes if desired..
- Best served with garlic rice..