Baked Meat pies.
You can cook Baked Meat pies using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Meat pies
- Prepare of pie and filling.
- Prepare 3 cup of ap flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water, you may not need it all.
- You need 2 lb of meat.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet peas.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s of sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of milk.
- Prepare 3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 stick of margarine.
- You need of dusting.
- Prepare 1 of ap flour for dusting.
- You need of egg wash.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need of spices.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of sprinkle.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare of needed fresh ground black pepper.
Baked Meat pies instructions
- Slowly mix the water and flour dont make too wet so add just a little at a time flour surface litely knead dough for 4 minute form a ball place in bowl and cover for 30 minutes.
- Mix the meat the onions and brown the meat. Drain the meat add spices and peas. Set aside..
- Mix milk and cornstarch, set aside..
- In a pot add milk heat when hot add the margarine and cheese stir mix well. When cheese melts add cornstarch solution. Stirring constantly till it thickens.
- Mix the meat mixture and cheese mixture let cook it needs to be thick to be thick. This may take an hour so cook ahead of time. Even the night before would be fine..
- After 30 minutes cut the ball in half. Divide the half into 7 equal parts roll into small balls. Dust the surface. Roll each ball out into a disc..
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Add just enough meat cheese mixture in disc. Start In a clock direction folding the top then side bottom and side inwards. Then coat the folded area with egg wash. Set onto a pan. I lined with parchment paper srayed with nonstick..
- Coat with egg wash on the top. Sprinkle with kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Bake till done, or golden brown..
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
- I had extra filling so I added 1 pound of macaroni elbows. 2 sixteen ounce jars of alfredo sauce heated to go with it!.