Mexican mac and cheese. This pasta recipe is very quick and easy to prepare, and it's also a very popular recipe for kids! Mac and Cheese is not a traditional Mexican recipe, but it has somehow been adopted in many Mexican homes and is a favorite at children's parties and other types of. MEXICAN MAC AND CHEESE can't be beat!
This Mexican mac 'n cheese is not quite up to par with hers, but it comes in a close second. For me, it brought back some very sweet memories from that trip. Maybe it's just me, but I think it definitely has the ability to warm you up from the inside out. 😉. You can have Mexican mac and cheese using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican mac and cheese
- It’s 16 oz of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 3 cups of cheddar.
- You need 16 oz of penne pasta.
- Prepare 6 T of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 T of worchestshire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 t of ground mustard.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of corn with peppers (mexicorn).
Mexican flavors meet macaroni and cheese in this simple and healthier recipe that is MUY delicioso! I had been wanting to try a Mexi take on my favorite base mac and cheese recipe for awhile. (That — bonus! — is also considerably lighter than most mac and cheese recipes.) Mexican Macaroni and Cheese. For a classic casserole with a little more grown-up taste, give our Test Kitchen's zesty macaroni and cheese a try. Try this Mexican Mac and cheese recipe, or contribute your own.
Mexican mac and cheese instructions
- Set oven to 350.
- Remove casing from sausage. In a dutch oven cook and crumble. Drain and set aside..
- While sausage cooks boil water for pasta and cook til al dente. Drain and set aside..
- To the Dutch oven add butter and flour. Whisk for 1 minute. Be sure to scrape delicious sausage bits up..
- Add milk and cream. Heat to just under boiling, stirring continuously until thick..
- Reduce heat to med/low. Add worchestshire, mustard, salt and pepper..
- Add 2 cups cheese. Stir until smooth..
- Stir in pasta, sausage, and drained corn..
- Transfer to 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around edge, cheese browned on top..
Be the first to rate & review! In prepared baking dish layer half of the cooked pasta, half the sausage mixture, and half the cheese. Macaroni and cheese—also called mac 'n' cheese in the US and Canadian English, macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of English origin. This Mexican mac and cheese is filled with chicken and veggies. Each bite will fill your mouth with a lusciously creamy and cheesy sauce!