Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs. Putting a few breadcrumbs in a pasta dish is a common Italian trick that adds the right counterpoint of texture, taste and color to a simple sauce. Here I've paired them with some peppery fall cauliflower and salty pancetta. This recipe for orecchiette with caramelized cauliflower, shallots, and herbed breadcrumbs comes from "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking." All Reviews for Orecchiette with Caramelized Cauliflower, Shallots, and Herbed Breadcrumbs.
A simple pasta with layers of texture from slightly charred cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and crispy fried breadcrumbs. Orecchiette Pasta with Rapini and GarlicPanoram Italia. Vegetables play an important role in the cuisine of India, and cauliflower and peas are a favorite combination. You can have Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 4 links of Italian sweet sausage.
- It’s 1 pound of orecchiette pasta.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need Splash of white wine.
- You need 1 can of peas.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs (toasted).
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Leeks pair well with spring ingredients like spinach and peas. Sausage Broccoli Rabe Italian Pasta Italian Sausage Easy Breadcrumbs. For this classic orecchiette pasta recipe, sweet Italian sausage combines with broccoli rabe, Parmesan cheese, and freshly toasted bread crumbs. Cauliflower Alfredo with Peas and Asparagus.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs instructions
- Put olive oil salt and pepper on one head of cut up cauliflower and roast in oven at 425 until crispy (almost black).
- Cook sausage in a large pan and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the pan where you cooked the sausage and sauté an onion until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, boil water and start cooking the orecchiette.
- Add a splash of white wine to onions and cook off the alcohol.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the onions and stir.
- Add one can of peas and sausage to the onions.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the peas and onions and stir. Remove from heat and put pasta in large bowl.
- Mix cauliflower in with the pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and toasted breadcrumbs (to toast the bread crumbs, add a little oil to a small pan on high heat and add breadcrumbs. Constantly stir to avoid burning).
- Finish with fresh parsley.
Heat the oil in the largest dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot you have over medium high heat. Be the first to review this recipe. Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into florets, discarding stems. Place the florets into boiling water with garlic and cook for.