You can cook Seafood Chowder using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Chowder
- Prepare 8 of bacon slices.
- Prepare 8 of green onions minced – reserve green part and set aside.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of thyme.
- You need 2 of whole garlic's minced.
- It’s 4 Tbs of flour.
- It’s 5 cups of milk (I used nonfat).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 lbs of raw shrimp in shell.
- You need 4 of lobster tails.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (I used 2 tsp because I like it spicy).
- It’s 24 oz of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 cans of crab meat (I used Blue Star).
Seafood Chowder instructions
- In a stock pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon when finished and set aside..
- Sauteed green onion, thyme and garlic in bacon reserves for about 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in flour, milk chicken stock and bay leaves. Continue stirring for about 1 minute..
- On medium low heat, add shrimp and lobster tails. Cook for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is done. Try not to overcook the seafood..
- Remove shrimp and lobster tails when cooked and turn stovetop to low..
- Remove shrimp and lobster from shells. Chop lobster into pieces then add both back to pot..
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, crab meat and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium low then add bacon bits and the green part of onions..
- You can adjust the seasonings to your taste and add more flour for thickness..