Chickpea flat bread. Chickpea flour is full of protein, but no gluten proteins. It needs more time to hydrate than all-purpose flour, which is why most. This spiced flat bread makes me feel like chickpea flour and whole wheat flour are on mission to keep me healthy and full longer.
That recipe, as well as today's, came directly from our time in a comfortable Provencal. How To Make Socca French flat Bread (chickpea flour) Guy's Socca flat bread recipe is so simple to make, it's essentially a large chickpea pancake! This is a simple recipe for a grain-free flatbread. You can cook Chickpea flat bread using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea flat bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chickpea flour (also known as gram flour, besan, or kabab.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Spray oil to coat the pan.
We're calling this a Chickpea Flatbread, but the consistency and shape is a lot like a crepe. Unlike a traditional crepe, though, this one's made with nutrient-dense chickpea. This is a super easy chickpea flatbread, also known as Socca in the south of France, that comes together in minutes for a versatile and nutritionally dense snack or breakfast. These gluten-free flatbreads are easy to throw together and can be frozen in batches.
Chickpea flat bread step by step
- In a medium bowl combine the chickpea flour, water, salt, pepper and olive oil. Whisk with a fork until a medium thick batter forms. You don't want it to be too watery, but it shouldn't be too thick either. Depending on your brand of chickpea flour you may have to adjust and add in more water, but do so one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached..
- Lightly spray the pan with oil and allow to heat on a medium flame before adding in half the batter. Swirl it around slightly to spread and cook on low heat until the edges start to brown and the top has firmed up, roughly 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remainder of the batter..
- Tip: These are meal prep friendly – you can definitely double or triple the batch and make extra to freeze and use later as you would normal flatbread throughout the week. They re-heat brilliantly. Adding a pinch of herbs de provence (or whatever herbs you like) is a great way to spice up the base. You can make this without the added oil in the batter if you so wish, but definitely make sure you’re using a non-stick or ceramic pan otherwise things will get a bit messy!.
Serve with your choice of topping (each topping is enough for four flatbreads). This chickpea flour flatbread is also known as Socca, and it's wonderful for almost any Flatbread is wonderfully versatile. But the more I tweak and. Swap your store-bought tortilla or wrap for this tasty flatbread. You can fill this savory homemade option with just.