Curtis' Renowned Dutch Apple Pie.
You can cook Curtis' Renowned Dutch Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curtis' Renowned Dutch Apple Pie
- Prepare 1 of Frozen Pie Crust.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 6 of Green Apples.
- It’s 3/4 C of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 C of Packed Dark Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 C of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 t of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 3/4 C of Packed Dark Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 C of Flour.
- It’s 1/2 C of Butter.
Curtis' Renowned Dutch Apple Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll and place Thawed Pie Crust in Glass 9" pie pan, set aside.
- In a Medium Bowl, mix dry Filling ingredients, set aside..
- Peel and Slice 6 Green Apples.
- Add dry Filling ingredients from Medium bowl onto Apples, mix until all apples are thoroughly coated and no dry mixture is left loose. Do not place in Pie pan yet, set aside for mixture to do some magic..
- In a Medium bowl, mix dry Topping ingredients together..
- Add Butter to the dry Topping ingredients and press together with potato masher or pastry cutter until balls form. Do not over mix..
- Dump Apple mixture into Pie Crust, spatchela out as much juices as you can salvage from the bowl into the pie pan, let nothing go to waste. Spread the apples around evenly..
- Dump Topping mixture onto Apples. Spread around evenly, being careful not press or compact the mixture, leave mixture loosely resting on the top of the pie..
- Place Pie in oven for 50-60 minutes. Topping should be golden brown..
- Place on cooling rack on counter for 1 hour then in refrigerator for 3-4 hours to cool the carmelizing sugars..
- Can be served rewarmed with whipped topping or cold with ice cream.