You can cook Fried Eggplant using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Eggplant
- It’s 1 of Eggplant.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of half and half milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs OR panko crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
Fried Eggplant step by step
- Wash and slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Grab 3 bowls. In bowl #1 put the flour. In Bowl #2 beat the egg and then mix with the half and half until blended. In bowl#3 combine the parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs. If you are allergic or do not like eggs you can use just the milk but it wont adhere as well..
- Press each side of each slice of eggplant into the flour, then dip into the milk, then press into the crumbs. Place slices on a plate..
- Pour enough oil in the pan to cover the bottom of the pan. Over medium heat, heat the oil until some flour sprinkled into it fizzles. When the oil is ready fry each slice of eggplant until lightly browned on each side. Place fried slices on paper towels to drain off excess oil. You may need to add more oil after a few batches but make sure the oil is hot again before you put the eggplant in..
- These slices go really well with marinara sauce or ranch dressing..