Sweet potato cakes. Cake was moist dense but not heavy like a brick. This cake could pass as a soft sweet potato loaf depending on what you bake it in. This is a great way to serve sweet potatoes on holidays or any other day.
Family and friends never mind eating a nutritious vegetable when it's part of this easy-to-prepare dessert, I like to serve this as a snack cake or breakfast coffee cake.—Kathy Theriot, St. Martinville, Louisiana Sweet potato: Leave it unpeeled for now. You will peel it after it's cooked. You can have Sweet potato cakes using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cakes
- It’s 5 cup of grated sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
How to make sweet potato patties. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Your first step is to microwave a sweet potato. Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes are the perfect snack!
Sweet potato cakes step by step
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Cook with coconut oil on griddle or pan over medium heat. Take small handfuls of mixture drop on skillet gently press into cakes. Cook roughly 3-5 min. per side or until golden brown. Makes about 12 cakes.
Cheesy on the inside, so crispy on the outside and so easy to make! The only difference with these is all the CHEESE! One of the cakes they are famous for is their Sweet Potato Cake. It's a lightly spiced cake, similar to carrot cake, but made with sweet potatoes and oh so moist. I've been wanting to recreate the Southern Sweet Potato Cake for a while now, so a few months back I set out to conquer it.