The Barrio Skillet.
You can have The Barrio Skillet using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Barrio Skillet
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 sticks of chorizo sausage.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 4-6 of mini sweet peppers, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of heaping tbsp Rotel diced tomatoes w/ green chilies.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Salsa con queso, for garnish.
- You need of Chili cheese corn chips, for garnish.
The Barrio Skillet step by step
- Cook 2 cups rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, Brown ground beef till half done then add the chorizo. Chorizo cooks pretty quick so the beef needs a little solo time. Finish cooking meat mixture. Drain fat..
- Add the diced veggies to the meat and cook another 5 minutes or so to soften them up a bit. Add the diced tomatoes. There should be some liquid in the pan. If not, add a bit of water. Continue cooking and stirring while adding the taco seasoning until it's all heated through and the taco seasoning is dissolved and well blended..
- Add your cooked rice to the skillet and mix well. Cover and keep low heat on it for a few minutes. Stir well again..
- Serve in a bowl topped with the salsa con queso and corn chips or anything else you may want. Delicious dinner with some zazz!.