Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ). Eggplant Involtini – Roasted sliced eggplant rolled around a ricotta filling with lemon honey and breadcrumbs; baked in pasta Involtini is an Italian dish that consists of a filling (often cheese) that is The eggplant is tender, and the filling is creamy and flavorful. In this Italian classic, eggplant involtini, ricotta-stuffed parcels bake with homemade tomato sauce and cream, a perfect way to Oh boy. Somehow the flavors of lemon and thyme in the ricotta cheese pervade the eggplant shells, all of which meld together with the fresh tomato and cream sauce base.
Can substitute Fontina cheese for pecorino Toscano cheese, and prosciutto for Virginia ham. three-cheese eggplant involtini. RECIPE. chorizo and roasted eggplant pasta. This vegetarian eggplant entree features thin slices of eggplant filled with an herbed cheese mixture and a tomato sauce and cheesey topping. You can cook Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls )
- You need 1 large of eggplant, peeled and sliced the longway into 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1/4 lb of sliced italian four cheese blend.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of spicy sliced ham, you may not use all of it..
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salted or unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- You need 2 cup of marinara sauce, my recipe listed below or your favorite.
- You need 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, or to taste.
Place rolls, seam sides down, over sauce in dish. Similar to a cannelloni, this involtini also know as rollatini is made with few ingredients including smoked ham and semi dried tomatoes. Buy the largest eggplants so it's easier to roll. Enjoy Parmesan Eggplant Involtini with Smoked Ham.
Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ) step by step
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet wth foil, spray foil with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, olive oil, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese,granulated garlic, pepper, italian seasoning and hot sauce..
- Brush eggplant with seasoned butter/olive oil mixture. Place on prepared pan and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool until cool enough to handle..
- Meanwhile prepare baking pan. Spray a shallow rimmed baking platter or dish with non stick spray. Keep oven at 425. Put a thin layer of marinara sauce on prepared pan. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Lay eggplant flat, add a slice of cheese to cover eggplant, then top with ham..
- Roll up eggplant, enclosing ham and cheese inside..
- Place eggplant rolls, seam side down on sauce in prepared pan, Top with remainig italian cheese and top evenly with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, herbs and red pepper flakes..
- Bake just until cheese is melted and heated through, about 7 to 10 minutes.Serve with extra sauce if desired..
The classic approach to these cheese-filled eggplant rolls—breading and frying—is tedious, and it obscures the signature ingredient. Eggplant involtini recipes are often just eggplant Parmesan in a more complicated form: fried eggplant, milky cheese filling, and lots of sauce, with a blanket of. Sprinkle with extra cheese and let sit for a few minutes. Sprinkle remaining basil and serve with sauce on the side. Involtini—small meat rolls stuffed with various fillings—are one of Involtini ammucca ammucca (a dialect word that means "to devour") are veal rolls stuffed with a filling of fried eggplant In Palermo, raisins, pine nuts, pecorino cheese, onion, and bread fill beef involtini, which that are then skewered.