Baked Chicken-Rotisserie Style. Oven-baked rotisserie-style chicken begins with a good blend of herbs and spices. It's a delicious dish that's very simple to make. Place chickens in a roasting pan.
This homemade version is much healthier than store-bought and super easy to put together. How to Make Rotisserie Chicken in a Rotisserie. Cooking times for other rotisseries may vary. You can have Baked Chicken-Rotisserie Style using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken-Rotisserie Style
- Prepare 1 of 4-5 pound whole chicken.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of onion cut in half.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of oil to rub on chicken..
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Truss and skewer the chicken (giblets removed). Coat generously with the dry rub. Insert the rotisserie skewers into the rotisserie. Oven baked chicken tastes just like juicy rotisserie chicken and is easy to make at home (and cheaper too!).
Baked Chicken-Rotisserie Style step by step
- Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Wash chicken well and pat dry with towel. Patting dry helps the chicken crisp..
- In a bowl mix salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, thyme..
- Rub oil on the chicken. Then rub the spice mixture onto the chicken. Make sure to rub the spices in the inner cavity as well..
- Put halved onion and garlic cloves in chicken's cavity..
- Slice the 2 tablespoons of butter into 8 small pieces. Loosen the skin of the chicken slowly with your finger. Put the butter under the skin. Poke the chicken with a fork in a few places..
- Preheat oven to 350°F put chicken into a pan uncovered and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours. When I feel the chicken has cooked I like to broil on high if the skin has not crisped up as wanted..
Why We Cook Oven Baked Chicken Instead of Buying Rotisserie. Rotisserie chicken is one of those convenience foods that we used to pick up frequently at the grocery store to "save time." Revamp leftover rotisserie chicken into a delicious dinner, perfect for a weeknight meal. But you don't have to serve the chicken as it comes. Transform store-bought rotisserie chicken by using it as a base. baked chicken copycat dinner healthy main dish recipe rotisserie shredded chicken stew whole chicken "Rotisserie Style" Baked Chicken I love a good Rotisserie chicken, but since I don't have rotisserie tools I typically just pick one up at my local grocery store when we are in the mood for one or need a quick dinner. I love the flavor of rotisserie style chicken from the store, but at least in our area, we can't find organic or free range chicken cooked rotisserie style.