Chorizo Fiesta Rice.
You can have Chorizo Fiesta Rice using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Fiesta Rice
- You need 2-2.5 cups of parboiled rice.
- Prepare 4 of chorizo sausage, casing removed.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of carrot, small dice.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, rinced.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of large can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2.5 cups of chicken stock or water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional).
- You need of Sour cream for serving (optional).
Chorizo Fiesta Rice instructions
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbs olive oil and cook sausage. Once brown, remove and set aside.
- Add 1 more tsp olive oil and add onion and garlic. Sautee until translucent..
- Add the tomato paste and cook 2 min, then add the raw rice and mix. Then add chili powder and salt and pepper to taste..
- Add the can of diced tomato and let cook 5 min..
- Add all the veggies (except peas) and the sausage and stir all together..
- Add the 2.5 cups chicken stock and bring everything to a boil and cook 5 min.
- After 5 min, reduce heat to medium/low with lit slightly vented on the pot. Cook for about 20-30 min.
- Once rice is cooked, add your frozen peas and add about handful of chopped cilantro and mix. The peas will take just 3min to cook.
- Dish and serve with dallop sour cream (was sooooo good with the sour cream) and more fresh chopped cilantro.