Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the edges. The sweet cinnamon-sugar coating makes them a sure crowd-pleaser! Since they remain so soft, snickerdoodles are the perfect cookie for gift-giving.
These snickerdoodle cookies are so delicious, and they have the best texture. They are so fast to put together too! I actually got it from an old recipe that my Great Grandma had clipped out of a newspaper. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening (do not substitute).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 3/4 cups of flour all purpose.
- It’s 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
You Are Going To Love This Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe! The Buttery Cookies Are Soft And Chewy On The Inside, Crisp Around The Edges, And Covered In Cinnamon And Sugar. The history of this whimsically named treat is widely disputed, but the popularity of this classic cinnamon-sugar-coated cookie is undeniable! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream the shortening and sugar til fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- In a bowl measure out your flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Mix it with a spoon..
- Add your flour mixture to the wet ingredients in about 3 batches so the flour mixes well. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl..
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray. Roll rounded tsp fulls in your hand into balls, then into your cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Do not press down on them..
- Bake for about 8 minutes until set and top is crackled. Don’t over bake them. Cool on racks and enjoy!.
These classic cookies are soft, chewy, and coated with a delicious cinnamon-sugar mixture. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! Cinnamon sugar topped cookies, crackly on the outside while pliable on the inside.