Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters.
You can cook Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ground chipotle chile powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of fresh mozerella, cut into 1/2" chunks.
Crispy Mozerella Stuffed Chipotle Eggplant Fritters instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°..
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" slices. Transfer to a paper towel. Sprinkle eggplant slices with 1 tsp. salt. Let the eggplant rest for 30 minutes. This will draw out some of the water of the eggplant before you cook it..
- After 30 minutes, blot the eggplant slices with more paper towels to remove water. Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush each slice with olive oil. Bake for 1 hour..
- Once eggplant is baked, cool and roughly chop and put into a medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 cup panko crumbs, 1 egg, thyme, chipotle powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until combined..
- Take 2-3 tbsp of eggplant mixture and roll into a ball. Take a small chunk of mozerella and press it into each ball. Work the mixture around the mozerella until it is completely covered and hidden..
- Preheat olive/vegetable oil in a medium sized pan over medium high heat..
- Whisk 2 eggs and flour together in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Put panko in a medium sized bowl. Set aside..
- Roll eggplant balls in egg/flour mixture then in the panko to coat..
- Fry the eggplant fritters turning every couple of minutes u til all sides are a light golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate..
- Serve warm with your favorite marinara sauce. Enjoy!.