Chicken salad. Find our best and tastiest chicken salad recipes, perfect for fancy brunch or for a simple and delicious sandwich. Chicken salad is any salad with chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients may include mayonnaise, hard-boiled egg, celery, onion, pepper, pickles (or pickle relish) and a variety of mustards.
This family favorite chicken salad is made with celery, bell pepper, green olives, apple, lettuce, and mayo—plus a secret ingredient that makes all the difference! This chicken salad recipe is perfect with a fluffy jacket potato or some egg noodles and low-fat too. Use ready-roasted chicken to shred into your salad and pack up any leftovers for lunch the next day. You can cook Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- It’s 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- It’s 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
Use leftover chicken to make delicious chicken salad recipes from My Food and Family! Some chicken salad recipes are served cold, some are served hot like chicken stir-fry—but all are tasty! Chicken salad can be made a million different ways, but this is my classic, the one I come back to again and Layer some chicken salad on crusty bread with tomato slices and greens, and you're set. Use up leftovers in a healthy and filling chicken salad.
Chicken salad instructions
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
Try Bill Granger's spicy salad with noodles or Rachel Allen's chicken and lentil salad. Learn how to make chicken salad three different ways. Enjoy a Classic Chicken Salad, Italian Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad. ✳︎Sign up to my FREE. These crisp and cool chicken salads have a refreshing combination of ingredients to satisfy your Turn leftover chicken into a zesty part of the simple salad. This easy chicken salad recipe with grapes makes the best chicken salad sandwiches!