Greek Meat-Stuffed Grape Leaves / Dolmadakia me Kima. This favorite stuffed grape leaf has dill, mint, ground beef, and rice. These bundles of meat and rice wrapped in rolled grape leaves are a favorite dish in Greece. Dolmathakia me kima, or ντολμαδάκια με κιμά in Greek, is pronounced dohl-mah-THAHK-yah meh kee-MAH.
Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc. You can cook Greek Meat-Stuffed Grape Leaves / Dolmadakia me Kima using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Meat-Stuffed Grape Leaves / Dolmadakia me Kima
- You need 1 1/2 lb of grape leaves.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground meat.
- Prepare 2 of large onion, grated.
- It’s 12 of scallions, diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped dill.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 of juice from lemon.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of bouillon cubes.
Rinse grape leaves very well; drain, separate very carefully. Cover rolls in kettle, then refrigerate. To serve, pile stuffed grape leaves on serving plate; garnish. The Greek Dolmades or Dolmadakia is one of the traditional Greek foods I can't resist.
Greek Meat-Stuffed Grape Leaves / Dolmadakia me Kima instructions
- Rinse grape leaves and blanch for 3-5 minutes, drain and let cool.
- Combine ground meat (I used beef, you can use a beef and pork combo if you like) with onion, scallions, herbs, rice and 2 eggs. Mix thoroughly..
- Add olive oil to large deep pan. Use a spoonful of mixture and form cylinder shape in your palm. Place the filling into the center of the grape leaf (shiny side should be down) and fold in the sides and roll up..
- Arrange the dolmadakia tightly into the pan with the seam down. Pour in oil and a cup of water with dissolved bouillon cubes. There should be enough to cover the rolls. Take a large inverted plate and place it over the dolmadakia to keep them from opening as rice cooks. Simmer over medium-low heat for about an hour till the rice has absorbed the water. Make sure to check on them and add water as needed..
- For the egg-lemon sauce: Beat two eggs with lemon juice and then beat in one cup of the pan juices. Pour over the dolmadakia, shake gently to distribute..
I've been making them at home for many years now and I can tell you for sure that this recipe works wonders every time. Dolmadakia me kima (Ντολμαδάκια με κιμά) = Stuffed vine leaves with minced meat. These small bundles of meat and rice wrapped in grape leaves are a favorite dish in Greece and at casa Elgourmand in Samoa. Repeat until all the filling has been used. Because the leaves on the bottom can burn while the filling cooks, put a plate or wooden.