Pinto Beans from Florida.
You can have Pinto Beans from Florida using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pinto Beans from Florida
- You need 1 pound of dried pinto beans.
- Prepare 1-1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 of large jalapeño peppers.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper.
- You need 1/3 pound of Chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground paprika.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lard.
- You need 1-1/2 pints of chicken broth.
- It’s 1-1/2 quarts of water.
Pinto Beans from Florida step by step
- Wash the pinto beans and look for bad ones and foreign particles. Wash the jalapeño peppers, and remove the seeds and ribbing..
- Dice the jalapeño and onion..
- Wash the bell pepper remove the seeds and dice..
- Add to the pot with the broken up Chorizo..
- Sauté with the lard, add the cumin..
- Sauté for 7-8 minutes till the peppers and onions is softened. Add the garlic, and paprika..
- Add the beans.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a rolling boil then turn to medium heat and cover to cook. Stir occasionally. Continue to add water as needed throughout the cooking process..
- As water as needed when the beans are as tender as you like add salt. Simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally. I hope you enjoy!.