Pulled BBQ Chicken. This crockpot pulled chicken is so easy to make – everything just goes into the slow cooker without any special prep. BBQ Pulled Chicken is a summer favorite of ours, much easier and less messy to eat than classic BBQ chicken, we make this dish so often the kids call it summer chicken. A simple recipe for how to make BBQ pulled chicken (also known as Crock Pot BBQ Chicken!) at home in your slow cooker!
Also great for BBQ Pulled Chicken Pizza, BBQ Pulled Chicken Nachos. Doesn't get much easier than this. All you need is a crockpot, chicken breast and a bbq sauce of your choice. You can have Pulled BBQ Chicken using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pulled BBQ Chicken
- It’s 3-4 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large yellow or vidalia onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) of bbq sauce.
Simply put the chicken breast in the crockpot. Recipe: BBQ Shredded Chicken. by Faith Durand. Pulled chicken is just as easy as its beef and pork counterparts, but it takes less time and is lighter in fat and calories (if you pay attention to that. It requires less planning, less grilling, but still Since these are BBQ sandwiches, I suggest using a more aggressive rub on the chicken and by aggressive I.
Pulled BBQ Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F)..
- Defrost chicken, dice onions & mince garlic..
- In a small pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft..
- Stir in the paprika. Pour mixture into large baking pan (a roasting pan or cassarole dish work great). Pat the chicken dry and add each piece to the pot, stirring to mix with the onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir well. Pour BBQ over the chicken, trying to cover all the chicken..
- Cover pan with foil and transfer it to the oven. Bake it for 90 minutes..
- Make sure the thickest piece of chicken has been cooked completely. Place the pan back on the stove and use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Pour the BBQ sauce in a pot and simmer it until it's reduced by half so the sauce is thicker. While the sauce is simmering, shred the chicken with two forks..
- Keep the shredded chicken on a burner set to Low/Medium. Pour a little bbq sauce in it every once in a while (while still cooking down the sauce) and stir to keep the meat hot and moist. Optionally use the thickened BBQ sauce on your sandwich. Serve when ready!.
Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium high heat. These BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches are an absolute no-brainer thanks to the slow cooker. Loving this classic BBQ Pulled Pork recipe (also in the slow cooker), I couldn't help but want, need. This bbq pulled chicken meat may be made in the oven, slow cooker or instant pot.