Pfeffernusse Pound Cake.
You can cook Pfeffernusse Pound Cake using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pfeffernusse Pound Cake
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter (2 sticks) room temp.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening (room temp).
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 5 of eggs (room temp).
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cardomon.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of anise extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
Pfeffernusse Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt or spring form pan..
- With mixer cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar and brown sugar a little at a time. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition..
- Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, cardomon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, salt and baking powder). Add to butter mixture alternating with milk..
- Add in molasses, honey, anise and vanilla extracts..
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube/bundt pan. Bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- When cooled remove from pan and dust with powered sugar..