Spaghetti Squash Pasta. […] Easy Spaghetti Squash Pasta Spaghetti squash is a very popular alternative to spaghetti because it already looks just like the staple pasta. Just place a whole spaghetti squash in the oven. Pasta is pasta is pasta and nothing can replace it.
Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. When I first came across spaghetti squash, I didn't quite know what to think of it. Similar to my beloved zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash makes a light, fiberiffic base for pasta sauce, pesto, chili. You can have Spaghetti Squash Pasta using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- It’s 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
Try one of these spaghetti squash recipes for a healthy, satisfying dinner. The other major benefit of spaghetti squash? Most recipes just call for cutting it half, scooping out. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: I learned how to make this from the best cook I know.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place squash on cutting board. Cut ends off both sides.
- Cut squash lengthwise down the center. Very carefully! It's hard to cut.
- Scrape out insides like carving a pumpkin..
- Place squash halves face up in 9×12 roasting pan (deeper than a cookie sheet)..
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to each half. Then rub the oil all over the inside and outside of the squash..
- Cover pan with tinfoil and place in oven for 30-40 mins (for medium squash; 20-30 mins for small squash). Check where it's at after 30 mins by sticking a fork in and seeing if it goes in easily. Cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little pressure. The insides should be softer after they're cooked..
- Allow squash to cool enough that you can handle it. Scrape the spaghetti squash out with a fork. It'll look like noodles.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheats in the microwave.
- Tastes good with red marinara sauce, ground turkey, and parmesan cheese.
It's a pasta dish that can be vegetarian and vegan and gluten-free, all at the same time! Making spaghetti squash is a simple and a great replacement for traditional pasta. Spaghetti squash is called such because the cooked flesh shreds into strands like spaghetti. I love using this squash, it's an amazing vegetable and a lovely alternative when avoiding pasta. Shredded spaghetti squash is a wonderful base for many recipes, and you can use it to replace pasta, potatoes or rice.