Red lentils soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker. This hearty red lentil soup is made with simple ingredients like onions, leeks, carrots, celery, crushed canned tomatoes, and red split lentils.
Lentils are high in fiber and several other vitamins and minerals. This is a vegan soup recipe, and lentils provide an excellent protein replacement for meat. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe. You can have Red lentils soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red lentils soup
- Prepare 200 gr of Red lentils.
- It’s 4 of small Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mix broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 leaves of laurel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curcumin.
The warm, rich spices of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, paprika and tumeric mix together perfectly to create a flavorful soup. This creamy red lentil soup is an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that's ready in under an hour. Serve it with a side salad or fresh bread for a full meal. How is it that lentils are conspicuously absent from the. › Red Lentil Dal.
Red lentils soup step by step
- Gather the ingredients and boil in a small pot water for the dry mix of broth. In a medium heat for 3 min..
- Cut the onion and tomatoes..
- Leave tomatoes in a side and cook the onions with a tbsp of broth and the olive oil in medium heat..
- Add the tomatoes and the laurel and cook it till the tomatoes are half cooked. In medium to high heat..
- Then put the lentils, the rest of broth, curcumin, salt and pepper and cook it in medium heat for 10 min. Check if they are cooked depends the kind of lentils. If need more add some broth and keep it in the heat till it's done..
- When they are cooked close the heat and serve. You can add bit of dry chilli to spice up the taste. Enjoy!.
Pressure Cooker Saag Tofu (Indian Spinach and Tofu). Indian Spiced Lentil Burgers with Cilantro Chutney. I tend to follow the sun around the house each day. I used red lentils, but as you can see in the photo, the soup is actually more yellow-orange than red. This is the best Red Lentil Soup!