Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus.
You can cook Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus using 3 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus
- Prepare 1 lb of asparagus.
- You need 1 tsp of walnut, almond, or extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus instructions
- Preparing and steaming asparagus without a steamer is easy to do with aluminum foil and a shallow pan with a top..
- Take one asparagus and gently bend the bottom end..
- The asparagus will break away from the tough end. Discard tough ends..
- Line up all the asparagus and cut off the same amount from the bottom..
- Gently clean with cold water..
- Use shallow pan and sheet of aluminum foil..
- Prepare a "pillow" with aluminum foil..
- Place asparagus in pan with the thicker pieces to back..
- Pour enough water that the lower parts are just submerged..
- Steam on medium to high heat until the asparagus change to a deep green, but are still firm..
- Remove from pan and place in serving dish..
- Drizzle oil, add lemon juice salt and pepper to taste..